Selasa, 04 Januari 2011

voila my postcards!

I had cards which I call "Indonesian" because it has the name Indonesia (or sometimes Bali) as a border of the postcard, and some which I call "Jogja" because I bought it there.. Let's take a look at those:





These are the Indonesians. You see they had a custom design template with two choices of name: Indonesia and Bali. Haha Bali is not the name of our country but we should admit that Bali's name is sometimes more known than Indonesia itself. Some of my friends call these series 'the tourism series' (which was a right term to explain these series, because it's intended to give a connaissance to the tourist. 

The second is the Jogja series:





A creative guy named Agus Leonardus made those awesome card. He got the idea from old advertising in Indonesia (that's why he mentioned a lot "originally in black and white"). So I have a story about those Jogja postcards because it's not me who bought that.


Jogja is a city located in the southeast Java. I live in Depok, the banlieu of Jakarta, capital of Indonesia.

When I heard my friends wanted to go to Jogja, I'm asking for these postcards because I ever saw them when I was going there 6 months ago. I've been a member of postcrossing.com for just 2 months but I knew that site years ago (if I'm not mistaken) from a bestfriend named Puty. And 6 months ago I haven't been a member in that site, and I thought it would be great if someday I join that site and sending those postcards. But since I'm not a member yet, why should I brought it at that time? Later, I regret my choice to not buying those because in Jakarta, I had trouble finding a store selling postcards. What a pity.

Basically I love all those postcards but I'm not sure about sending it into my destinations. Well, those cards have some dutch words in it because Indonesian was colonized by the Netherlands and no wonder the ad's in dutch language too. And.. some members there in postcrossing want to receive a postcard from my country. Plus some other requests which  finally refers to those Indonesian postcards. Haha. So.. I'd sent one of these Jogja card to someone in the Netherlands.. hope he'd like it :)

Still speaking about Jogja cards, I have some others left which I prefer the most than the others. Those are:


Dakkochan (I usually write it 'Dakocan) is a song based on the doll Dakko-chan from Japan. That song explain that the doll Dakocan had a black skin, but the price is so expensive. Well, so I found the ad in this postcard, and why it becomes my favorite? Because it's cute. No particular reason haha.



Nah, this one is just plain silly. You know, when old languages being shown again, it looks like a joke. There it said 'band speda' now it should be 'ban sepeda'. Nowadays, a band is a band.. a group of people making musics and songs, and it should be a 'ban' which means: tire. And another text in that card is also silly. Hard to be explained in english LOL



This one is cute. I wonder who is that guy in the ad, because it can't be the real Edison, eh?



And this one.. I like the pic and the coloring. It's simple but lovely.


Well.. actually I still have another Indonesian series, but not with that white-border-template and since these two series got more 'attention' from me, the rest left unspoken. Haha I'm just lazy about uploading it right now.. Next time I'll talk about it, then.

So.. to my next destinations, you'll probably got these postcards. Want one? 

1 komentar:

  1. Thankyou verymuch for choosing my postcards as your collection. Best regard, Agus Leonardus.

    BalasHapus