Sabtu, 23 April 2011

adorable indonesian cards

I found these beautiful cards in Times bookstore, near my ex-office. Those are some soo well-photographed well-printed cards showing beautiful things in Indonesia. The only sad part is.. it's all printed in Singapore. Well, sadly it could proves that Indonesian printers are not that good in printing beautiful cards :(

Well, take a look at those! Aren't they lovelyyy?



   wayang golek                                uluwatu temple, bali

        
beautiful boats on madura island             beautiful sunset on togians island 


mount api, banda island, indonesia           indonesian beauty, lake kelimutu 


                        borobudur                    gamelan music, traditional music instrument



national monument, jakarta                     lake kintamani, indonesia


And I think I've sent all of those times postcard to the rest of the world! Haha I was never meant to make this blog a database of all my postcards, because actually I can't save anything properly in order, which means I can't make a database! Hahaha. The thing I don't really like of this times postcard is: it's too small! Well it is small but the place for putting stamps is also small.. Sometimes the stamps covered the address part. Wahh it really stressed me out hahaha.

Well, Indonesia is a very beautiful country, isn't it? We have soo much beautiful landscapes, unique cultural ways of life which could makes great view on postcards. But unfortunately Indonesians aren't that interested in philately, which makes Indonesian cards aren't so creative and boring. In my case, I always search for the greatest cards I saw in the store. Sometimes I really wish I could make my own postcard, so there will be no need to go to Jakarta, buying cards, etc. Here are those other postcard that I found interesting, and almost all of them are around the world right now! :)




the yellow one is a sunset in Manado bay, and the blue is the Sunda Kelapa harbour. seas in Indonesia are amaziing :D


sent those two to people asking for traditional costumes. the left one is bali's traditional costume and the right is an old lady from Dayak tribe. 


left: wayang golek or golek puppet, a traditional puppet played in a puppet show. 
right: semeru volcano, highest mountain in Java island


favorite view from Bali :)



left: people from Yali tribe, wearing traditional clothes to a traditional ceremony
right: cool architecture of toraja house!


left: jakarta's nightview. what an 'adorable' city haha
right: an eye-sooting view of paddy field in west java, Indonesia


and lately, got this card from a friend. gave it to postcrossers who wants a vintage card :)


See? Indonesia is adorable. But so many people don't appreciate its beauty, or worse, creating bad labels on it. Terrorism, hatred, poverty, bah. I hope more could just enjoy what God have given them and keep doing good things, such as postcrossing (haha). I really enjoy sending these cards :) And how about you? How many Indonesian goodness have you sent lately? Or foreigners, do you enjoy Indonesian beauty? :)



3 komentar:

  1. hai!
    salam kenal :)
    aku juga suka postcrossing.
    kalo di Times berapaan sih harga postcardnya?
    kalo aku lebih sering beli di Periplus. ^^

    BalasHapus
  2. halooo :) akhirnya nemu juga yang suka :)

    di times 3500 juga, tapi kecil2 hihi.

    BalasHapus
  3. oh god, these postcards are totally awesome! :) Your country is so beautiful... and the postcards too..

    BalasHapus